A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Jared Solis Steps Down from Staff Role


     As you know we have recently announced some staff reductions and changes here at Calvary.  This time of transition has been difficult as might be expected but every individual staff member has been gracious, cooperative and amazingly supportive (including those who are staying and those who are leaving).  I’m so thankful for them.  In the midst of this transition, I have received some news that add a little twist to our staff situation.

     Jared Solis has recently informed me of his desire to step down from his staff position as media & worship associate.  He shared with me personal and spiritual reasons for doing so.  Jared desires to stay connected to Calvary and focus on growing spiritually as a member of the church, something that has been difficult to do while remaining on staff.  While this is difficult news for me, I highly respect Jared’s decisions and reason for doing so.

     Jared’s last day to lead the 11 o’clock worship will be November 2nd.  His last day as a Calvary staff member will be November 14th.  While we make a decision on worship leadership for the 11 o'clock service, I have asked Chad Mason to lead that service during the remainder of this 2014 year.  I am working on making arrangements to staff the media and communications aspects of Jared's job.  I will communicate those as the decisions are made.

     I am grateful to Jared because he has been instrumental in bringing structure, consistency and stability to every area he has worked in: contemporary worship, Sunday morning production, and communications.  He has been a valuable asset to our team in a critical time of transition when we lost our Pastor for Music and Worship.  I have been blessed to know him personally and to see a heart that is truly sincere before God.  Jared is an individual who is serious about growing as a disciple of Christ.  I’m thankful for that.

     Although this is difficult, Jared and I both feel that God is leading this process and that it will be a blessing to both Jared and to Calvary.  Rather than being anxious, we are trusting God for His perfect provision and timing.  I look forward to continued ministry alongside Jared as he steps down from a staff role and enters a volunteer member role, but most importantly, a growing-disciple mode.

     Please join me in praying for Jared, for our staff and for our church in this time of transition.  I am certain that God is at work helping us not to rely on anything or anyone else beside Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment