A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Preaching Plan (Last Leg of Dissertation Race)

          About three months ago I had the opportunity to share the pulpit with some of our staff pastors.  This afforded the opportunity to the congregation of receiving some great messages from Pastors Rolando, Marcus and Chad while also getting to know their heart and passion.  While I also enjoyed participating in the preaching rotation, it allowed me to make significant progress on my doctoral dissertation.  In that rotation plan, another positive opportunity we had was alternating preaching between Rolando and me on a couple of occasions.  On a couple of Sundays, Rolando preached all three services.  On alternate Sundays, I was able to do the same.  In addition to the privilege of each of us preaching in all three services, it also gave Rolando a little more time for the additional responsibilities that have been given him.  I am very grateful for this opportunity which I am convinced was a blessing to the church, to those who preached, and certainly to me.

         I have enjoyed being back in the pulpit for the greater part of April and May.  As the summer starts, we are planning to implement another preaching rotation.  While I plan to preach on multiple occasions in June, July and August, the congregation will once again have the opportunity of hearing Pastors Chad, Rolando and Marcus on a couple of occasions.  Additionally, we also plan to have the preaching participation of David Love in our English services.  In addition to my preaching in the Spanish service on an occasion, Benjamin Aguirre and Ricardo Morillo will also share the preaching of the Spanish service on different Sundays.

          I expect that this summer will be the last leg of my dissertation race.  I am currently working on chapter revisions and, God willing, plan to complete the final chapters within the next couple of months.  I am very grateful to the staff, the personnel committee, the deacon body, the congregation and my family for the extraordinary support I have received.  I know that God has been with me every step of the way and I give Him the glory for what he has allowed me to accomplish up until this point.  Although I'm not quite finished yet, I see the finish line and I feel very grateful.  I'm so ready to be done and get this behind me.  As I am about to complete three years as lead pastor at Calvary, I look forward to the many ministry years ahead with this precious congregation.  I have felt so loved by Calvary and my love for this church grows each day.

          I believe this summer Calvary will be enriched with the messages we receive on Sunday mornings from various pastors and that each of these pastors will grow and develop further in their ministry also.  I ask that you pray for each of us and for the congregation.  That God would use each message this summer to edify believers, build up the congregation, proclaim the gospel, mobilize disciples and, ultimately, to bring glory to His name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment