A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Dissertation Update

I want to thank you for your support in the process of my dissertation writing.  During the month of February, I was able to make significant revisions to chapter 3 after my committee reviewed it and sent it back to me.  Additionally, I began work on chapter 4.  Three weeks ago I began working on chapter 4 and have made significant progress.  As we move forward with the March cycle, I am continuing to work on chapter 4 and hope to have it finished for submission before the month is over.  Lord willing, I can start working on chapter 5 in April.

The help I am getting in the pulpit has been huge.  I continue to lead the staff and work closely with them as we transition to the new structure and bring Chad on board.  I have had the opportunity to make hospital visits, have breakfast and lunch meetings with various leaders and members, work closely with the worship team and have a significant part in leading worship services on Sunday.  I am also working closely with Tony Worley and the deacons to make sure they receive training in caring for the elderly, widows, etc. and that they have a good deacon ministry assignment plan.  I continue to meet with administrative committees such as stewardship and I am planning nominating committee and coordinating council meetings this next month.  Additionally, we are preparing for a Church in Conference in April.


Thanks again for your prayers and support.  I am ever so grateful to the personnel committee, the deacon body, the staff and the rest of the congregation for the encouragement and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment