A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm Back!

I apologize for neglecting this blog for the last couple of months.  As I had been getting behind on my PhD dissertation writing, I had to prioritize some of the ministry responsibilities.  Hopefully I have attended the important matters (preaching, staff direction and development, administrative committees, deacon process, budget development, occasional hospital visits and pastoral counseling) while other matters were put on hold.  I appreciate the support and patience with me in this process.


I am happy to report that last week I submitted my first chapter of the dissertation.  Lord willing, this week I will begin work on the next chapter.  My goal is to submit this next one before the end of the year, God willing.


For now, I will attempt to keep up with this blog so I can share with you what is going on.  I will begin by simply posting the most recent "Calvary Life" articles I have submitted for publication in our Sunday bulletin.  All three of them have to do with our budget.  As you may know we are voting on our budget this coming Sunday night.  I am hoping these brief posts will stimulate discussion to answer questions or address concerns you might have about the budget before voting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment