A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Done with the Ph D!



           By the grace of God and because of the support of my family, friends and church, I have concluded my journey in the Ph. D. program.  I now humbly have been entrusted with the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership Studies from the Gary Cook Graduate School of Leadership at Dallas Baptist University.  I hold that as an immense privilege and responsibility.  Ultimately my education has been granted to me that I may be a servant, of Jesus Christ first, and of people also.

        I am taking this point of privilege to thank you as a Calvary leader for your invaluable support during this journey.  The search committee that called me and the personnel committee have been a constant support.  I will not mention all the names of these but I will pause to thank George Kydd, who has gone to be with the Lord already but whose encouragement and support still affect me today.  The deacon body has also been a blessing to my life as they have prayed and encouraged me.  The staff has been outstanding in their willingness to stand in the gap and to protect me.  The congregation has been patient and gracious during this time.  I could not have done this without the wonderful family of Calvary Baptist Church, McAllen.  So thank you!

          This past Monday I stood before my dissertation committee, other faculty and Ph. D. students to defend my dissertation.  Since the early hours of the morning as I headed to the airport I felt God's strength and grace, sensing the prayers of family and church.  I defended successfully, answered the questions, and received the decision of the committee to confer to me the Ph. D. title joyfully.

           There will be a "hooding" ceremony (graduation) in May of 2014.  For now, I'm done and extremely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment