A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Congregational Decisions and other Updates

          It has been almost two weeks since we had Church in Conference.  I'm sharing some follow up information about it with you with a couple of brief posts.

          I will take advantage of this opportunity to share with you that last night I submitted Chapter 4 of my dissertation.  It consisted of 67 pages of content and 13 of bibliographical entries.  It felt so good to press the "send" button!  I consider myself about 65% done now and I'm trusting God to help me complete the other 35% by this summer.  I thank you and the church for your prayers, support, encouragement and patience with me in this process.  I have really enjoyed being back in the pulpit during the month of April and I look forward to preaching this Sunday and Mother's Day.  I am counting on our pastoral staff to help supply the pulpit in late May and early June.  I know God uses them greatly to edify our congregation.

         Back to our Church in Conference.  As our church met on Sunday night, April 21 in the worship center, we sang together, prayed and then:


  • heard various reports;
  • filled committee vacancies;
  • voted to ordain Benjamin Aguirre.  (We had the ordination ceremony in all of our three services on April 28.  See photos below);
  • elected a music & worship study committee (click on the following link to read more about this: Music & Worship Study Committee);
  • voted to license Raul San Martin to the ministry (click on the following link to read more about this: Raúl San Martín (License & Testimony));
  • heard a brief Lead Pastor report (click on the following link to read this report: Lead Pastors April 21 Report).

We are grateful for what God is doing in the life of our church and we pray that He continue to guide us in the days ahead.  We have some exciting things happening this summer.

      A last matter of follow up has to do with the decision the church made to convert the ground where our former West Ed building was to a grass area.  Several of our men are leading the volunteer effort of placing sod (grass) sections in that portion of our property on Saturday, May 11 at 7:00 AM.  If we have an army of men, women, students and children show up for that, we can get it done in a short period of time.  I hope you will pass the word and come with your family to help.  It will not only save our church a lot of money but it will be a great time of sharing together.

        Here are some of the photos from Benjamin's ordination:






No comments:

Post a Comment