A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ordination of Benjamin Aguirre


Benjamin Aguirre has been serving as our Spanish Language Ministry Associate since 2011 (He served as interim from 2009 to 2011).  Our church licensed him to the ministry in the summer of 2010.  In this role Benjamin leads the Spanish language worship service each Sunday, has a significant teaching ministry with adults and assists Pastor Rolando in pastoral ministry matters.  On Sunday April 21 the church will consider ordaining him to the ministry.

The process for ordination is as follows.  On Sunday, April 21st, Benjamin will share his testimony of call to ministry in the 9:30 and 11 o'clock services.  He will preach in the 12:30 service that same day.  An ordaining council made up of ordained pastors and deacons will meet with Benjamin that same afternoon at 5:00 PM.  They will examine Bro. Aguirre as to his testimony, his call, and his doctrine.  Based on their examination they will then make a recommendation to the Church in Conference which will meet on the same date at 6:30 PM.  The congregation will have an opportunity to ask questions before they vote.  Should the church vote to ordain Benjamin, the laying on of hands (ordination service) will take place on Sunday, April 28th during all three worship services.  

Benjamin's biographical highlights are provided here by his own hand:



"I was born and raised in Mexico City in a Christian home.  I received Christ at age fourteen.  My father was a pastor who educated me in God's Word.

Since I was a child I was taught music by ear.  I graduated from the Technological University of Mexico in 1987 with a Bachelor degree in Business Administration.  I married Nancy in 1989 and we have three children Yozy (21), Benjy (20), and Israel (12).  I studied guitar for two years with various private teachers and from 2003 to 2005 in the Higher School of Musical Composition and Arrangement in Mexico City.  I also studied studio recording and sound engineering from 1997 to 2000.

God called me to the ministry when I was age 16 and I began to work with Campus Crusade in Mexico through a music ministry called Mexico 80.  I also served with various evangelistic musical ministries such as "Tierra Prometida" (Promised Land).  I worked with Christian recording and touring artists such as "Torre Fuerte," Yuri, Maria del Sol, Ana Gabriel, and others, either playing guitar or engineering sound.

God allowed me to study at the Rio Grande Bible Institute in Edinburg, Texas where I graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor degree with a pastoral ministry concentration.

God brought me to Calvary by the invitation of Mark Richardson where I ended up serving as interim in the Spanish Language Ministry with Pastor Rolando Aguirre."

We are grateful for the life and ministry of Benjamin Aguirre.  Let us pray as we consider the opportunity of affirming his call through ordination.

No comments:

Post a Comment