A Blog for the leaders at Calvary McAllen

This blog is a place for Lead Pastor Julio to share updates on leadership ideas and developments at Calvary. I encourage feedback and comments as we together seek God's leadership for our church and for His mission.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pastor's Coffee with Calvary Leaders


Dear Calvary Leader,

            I am profoundly grateful for the opportunity God has given me to be Calvary’s lead pastor.  This week marks two months since I began this assignment.  During this time I have been able to get to know the staff, many of the deacons and several individuals in the congregation.  It is evident that God has blessed this church with wonderful, God-loving and committed people.  I have also been able to observe and study the church’s ministries, organization, and allocation of resources.  Though, I am still learning much, I have begun to make some decisions in consultation with the pastoral staff.  My intention is to continue to do assessment of the congregation that would lead to the developing of a shared vision for the congregation.  While this process will take some time, there are some actions steps that need to be taken now.  It is my desire to share some of this information with you as a leader so that you will be informed and also to hear your feedback about this.  For this reason, I am inviting you to a pastor’s coffee with Calvary leaders.  This meeting is by invitation only.  You will receive your invitation by e-mail.  However, if you know of an active key leader that you think should be invited, please let me know.  I want to be as inclusive as possible.  This pastor’s coffee with leaders will take place this Sunday, September 19 at 6:00 pm in the multi-purpose room.  Please confirm your participation by replying to the e-mail or by calling Kathleen at the church office.

            The topics of discussion include, identified strengths and areas of need, a framework for developing the vision of the church, the “I Am Calvary” assessment process and desired outcomes, the future of Calvary en español, the direction of the personal evangelism ministry, the decision about the multiple Sunday services, the strategy for evangelistic block parties (4th of July and Noah’s Ark), and the focus on making disciples.  This is a lot of information but it will important to communicate it to you and have you speak to it.  I hope to see you there.

Prayerfully,

Julio Guarneri,
Calvary’s Lead Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment